Friday, September 21, 2012

Build Me Up, Buttercup



Look how happy the people are in that photo!

The one very sad, very dark part of this whole wedding thing is that I'm doing it without that support system. The friends that I've always been closest to have never been in the same place as me, life wise. When they were finishing college and going to parties, I was taking care of babies. When I was single, they were meeting the men they would eventually marry. Now that they're starting to have babies, I have a 9 and 7 year old and am enjoying the fact that my kids are pretty self-sufficient.

I feel very alone sometimes.

It is natural for people to drift apart as the years go by, to end up in different place and many miles apart. But I can look at it logically all day long, and it doesn't make me any less sad.

So there will be no bridesmaids at my wedding, no troop of laughing women filling the chairs at a salon,no haze of hairspray mingling with their joy and anticipation of the day ahead. It will just be me.



The dresses may hang empty, but my heart will still be full. Even if they won't be by my side, the treasured memories I have of our past friendship will always be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment